DIAL has a Volunteers and Community Champions Programme:
Following a reorganisation of our charity and to meet the challenges we face, we urgently need support from volunteers to help develop our services.
We urgently need:
- Volunteer admin support 3 to 6 hours per week. The role will involve answering the phone, making phone calls, making appointments, photocopying, sending letters and any other admin support to assist the charity.
- Volunteer social media and charity promotion support 1 or 2 hours per month. This role can be done from home.
- Outreach client supporter to help disabled clients fill in their benefit forms. Availability in the following locations: Worcester, Pershore, Kidderminster, Malvern, Redditch, Bromsgrove. Hours can vary to suit availability but is a minimum of 3 hours per week.
Full training and support is given for all the roles. Our office is in the centre of Worcester.
We urgently need volunteers to form a small task force to help us promote our charity and to help fund raise for us so that we can continue supporting people with disabilities.
If you can come up with fundraising ideas to help raise funds then we want to hear from you.
What will you get out of volunteering for DIAL?
- you can add to your skill base
- help your local community – giving something back
- gain confidence
- meet new people
- By adding to our small team at DIAL you can bring further knowledge skills and commitment, building on our already successful quality service
Where would you operate from?
We are looking for volunteers from throughout Worcestershire.
How can I get more information about this project?
Telephone the DIAL office and speak to Elena Round on 01905 27790
Quote from a Community Champion
To be a volunteer with DIAL South Worcestershire seemed a natural step from my working life and means I am still able to use my skills. Support is excellent as is the training. The right amount to build confidence and enhance abilities. I am glad of the change to continue learning. Thank you. Steve.