Housing & Accommodation

For specialist housing adapted for people with disabilities in your area contact the following organisations.

Worcester City Council

Worcester HUB
The Hive, Sawmill Walk,
The Butts,

Telephone: 01905 722233

Website: https://www.worcester.gov.uk/

Top of page

Malvern Hills District Council

The Library,
Graham Road,
WR14 2HU

Telephone: 01684 579579

Website: www.malvernhills.gov.uk

Email: worcestershirehub@malvernhills.gov.uk

Top of page

Wychavon District Council

Civic Centre,
Queen Elizabeth Drive,
WR10 1PT

Telephone: 01386 565000

Website: www.wychavon.gov.uk

Email: service@wychavon.gov.uk

Top of page

Housing Associations

Additionally, each local council works closely with housing associations to meet housing needs. Some help all types of applicants and others specialise, for example, by housing disabled, elderly or young single people. Your local council is your first stop for housing information, but if you need to contact one of the housing associations working in your area, you’ll find their details below.

Platform (former Fortis Living)

Telephone: 0333 2007304

Website: https://www.platformhg.com/

Email: info@festivalhousing.org

Additionally, Festival Housing run two subsidiary housing associations, Spa Housing in Droitwich and Elgar Housing

Anchor Hanover Housing Association

Telephone: 0808 1024069

Website: https://www.anchorhanover.org.uk/

Citizen Housing

Telephone: 03007906555

Website: https://www.citizenhousing.org.uk/contact-us/#row2

Community Housing Group

3, Foley Grove, Foley Business Park,

Kidderminster, DY11 7PT

Used to be Wyre Forest Community Housing

Telephone: 0800 169 5454
Website: https://www.communityhg.com/

Top of page

Worcester CAB & WHABAC

(Worcester Housing and Benefits Advice Centre) The service provides  free information and support on all forms of housing needs.

Telephone: 0344 4111303

Website: www.cabwhabac.org.uk



Confidential housing advice line. Open from 8a.m. until Midnight.

Telephone: 0808 8004444

Website: http://england.shelter.org.uk

Disabled Facilities Grant

Care and Repair is a home improvement agency which provides independent advice on help with repairs, modernisation and home adaptations to people who are elderly, have a disability or on a low income. The agency can help in applying for grants where appropriate which may fund all or part of the work.

Contact Worcestershire Care and Repair agency for further information

Telephone: 01684 579456

Website: http://www.firststopcareadvice.org.uk/organisation/care-repair-worcestershire/

Minor Works Grant

Minor works Grants are also available. This covers essential repairs, home safety and security, energy efficiency measures. Typical works include rewiring, re-roofing, new doors and windows. Phone number as above.

Warmer Worcestershire

The Warmer Worcestershire project is aimed at reducing carbon emissions in the county by increasing energy efficiency in homes where high levels of heat loss are identified. If you have a low income or are receiving benefits you may be eligible for financial assistance to make your home more energy efficient. Contact Warmer Worcestershire using the details below to find out more:

Telephone: 01905 765765

Website: www.warmerworcestershire.com

Top of page